We will present some of our recent visualization research using Met.3D at IEEE VIS 2017 in Phoenix. Meet us there!
Version 1.6/20.04 released
by Marc Rautenhaus (comments: 0)
We are happy to announce a new Met.3D version 1.6/20.04!
- While this version gets the next version number 1.6, we plan to change the version numbers in the future to a simple "YY.MM.number" format to better reflect the continuous work on Met.3D. We use both numbers for now.
- A simple batch mode (configurable in the frontend.cfg file) allows to automatically produce time animations.
- New utility scripts (see the new util/ directory) have been added that support download of forecast data from the DWD opendata sever.
- A "status light" has been added to indicate that the pipeline is processing.
- New derived variables have been added, e.g. PV for hybrid sigma pressure grids.
- Several bugs have been fixed, including erroneous coastlines and a bug in the raycaster that caused wrong illumination close to borders.
- A binary distribution is available for Linux, see the downloads page.
- Some bugfixes, see the issue tracker.
Download the sources from gitlab!